I am attaching a set of directions to the stream. There will also be a caravan leaving from the Wagon Wheel Restaurant at 8:10 am.
If you plan to attend, could you please rsvp me so that we can plan for lunch?
I hope to see you there. Thanks,
President, Gold Rush Chapter
DIRECTIONS to Jones Creek from Dahlonega, GA
1. From the Gold Museum/Old Courthouse in downtown Dahlonega, go approximately 200 yards on East Main to the first traffic light & turn left on North Grove St. (also old Hwy 19 north toward Blairsville).
2. Continue one mile & Wagon Wheel Restaurant will be on the right.
3. From the restaurant, continue north on hwy 19 for .3 miles & turn left on the first paved road (Oak Grove).
4. Follow Oak Grove 3.9 miles to a 4-way stop & turn right on Hightower Church Road.
5. Follow Hightower Church Rd. 2.9 miles to a stop sign & turn left on Miles Berry Rd. As soon as you turn left, you will cross over the Etowah River. At .6 miles, the pavement ends.
6. From where the pavement ends, go .8 miles & turn left on Forest Service Rd. 28-1.
7. Follow FS 28-1 for 2.4 miles & turn right onto FS 77.
8. Follow FS 77 for 1.5 miles & turn left onto FS 77-A.
9. Follow FS 77-A 1.8 miles & turn right which will take you along Jones Creek & the camping areas.
Note: FS 77-A goes to Jones Creek only and does not connect with any other road. When leaving, you will come out the same way you went in.